In a nutshell * All * That * Glitters * is filled with funny thoughts & facts, mine & other's creative ideas,
helpful tips, product reviews, samples, coupons, give-a-ways.
My thoughts on & about, basically everything that I'm interested and want to share with YOU!

Self Prescibed Laughter and Striving To Live Life To It's Fullest.

AND As Always
My Family ~ My Freedom ~ My Faith

Note: To leave a COMMENT:
Click on "Were Thinking" after each blog.

Friday, December 26, 2008

I Married a Marine (12 years ago)

In 5 days, New Year's Eve) Joey and I will be married 12 years. We've gone through a lot. We married when he was still in the Marine Corps. Times were tough. Financially and mentally. We had nothing but each other and soon Taylor would enter our lives. We lived in this cracker box house that had 3 rooms in it. Bedroom (mattresses on the floor which we bought at the Salvation Army), a bathroom and a kitchen combo. Very small but that was all we needed. I remember getting so excited when we found this sofa sleeper for $30 on base. Now we could have visitors!!! LOL!

Needless, to say I was so frightened when I became pregnant in North Carolina, 12 hours from home, no friends, no family near, nothing. Now looking back we daily thank Heavenly Father for what we have now but also what we had then. We didn't have many material things, I never had a baby shower, like I had seen everyone at church receive. BUT mom & dad made sure Taylor had plenty of clothes. BUT most importantly we had love, true love.

Living in the military (and they have this quote "Marines Wife, Toughest Job in the Corps." and it WAS!) I even had this sticker on the back window of our old Nissan Stanza that got us through many trips to Tennessee and Ohio visiting family when we could. There were struggles like taking 3 or 4 loads of laundry to the laundry place 7-8 months pregnant all by myself, those we tough but made me stronger.

Although there have been struggles from being apart for long periods of time, I truly found my soul mate. Heavenly Father shined a light on Joey and let me know NOT to let this one go. That is a LONG story.

I can count on one hand the times we have ever shouted at each other. He completes me. Yes, you know me and you know how goofy I am, heck, my whole family is goofy and Joey fell in love with my family. Dad got a son he never had. Who he could talk military with and soon had a new fishing buddy. Joey has completed not only my life but my whole family's life.

So this is a little dedication from my love of him and how proud I am of him. What a wonderful provider, husband and father. And I married a Marine. Talk about feeling safe at night...lol.

Here is a tender moment with him and Switch as a baby sleeping. My tender Marine. I've spent over 13 years with this man and plan to be by his side no matter where life takes us. He's wanting to move us to Ohio where his dad lives and where he can get a better job and I resisted at first because I didn't want to miss my family and friends but he has been in McMinnville since the day he came home from the Marines so I guess I will follow him where ever he takes me because I trust his judgement, and we have prayed about it (always remember to pray) and I know he would never do anything that would hurt the family. He knows we are a strong family and we have been through a lot of growing up together and we know there are yet more struggles that are bound to come our way but together, the three of us can do anything possible with the love we have built and have for each other. I love you dear.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to wish you and Joey a Happy Anniversary...Hope you guys have many more...give Taylor a hug for me.
Miss you guys..Take Care.
Monica

Sheila said...

Happy Anniversary sweet friend! I wish you many happy years ahead. On the decision to move or stay I agree with you. Trust your mate and put God first and you will never go wrong! I will pray for you in your big decision.
Happy New Year.
Sheila

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to thank you and your husband for his service to the country and you for dealing with the issues it brings on a family. Patriotism is getting harder to find and is so appricated by so many, best of luck with your future and thanks again. One more thing...Nice Blog.