In a nutshell * All * That * Glitters * is filled with funny thoughts & facts, mine & other's creative ideas,
helpful tips, product reviews, samples, coupons, give-a-ways.
My thoughts on & about, basically everything that I'm interested and want to share with YOU!

Self Prescibed Laughter and Striving To Live Life To It's Fullest.

AND As Always
My Family ~ My Freedom ~ My Faith

Note: To leave a COMMENT:
Click on "Were Thinking" after each blog.

Thursday, April 24, 2008

Something I came across

I work for Christ United Methodist Church. I am their Administrative Asst. to the Pastor and the all-around secretary for the entire church. It's a lovely job and I only work part-time. 8 am to 12 noon. I'm one red light away from work and I drop Tay off every morning and go straight to work...perfect timing.

Anyway, one of the members has taken over for another pastor for Shiloh United Methodist Church for a short time until their pastor gets well and I am now doing his Sunday bulletins each week for their Sunday worship service.

Working in a church, you come across some of the neatest poems, books, writings and of course jokes. I find a lot of my stories that I add to my blogs each week from where I work. Members are always sending something good to read.

Well, as I was saying about the bulletins for Shiloh, today I typed up their Sunday bulletin and inside is a small story I want to share:

It's called "THE CROSS ROOM"

The young man was at the end of his rope. Seeing no way out he dropped to his knees in prayer. "Lord, I can't go on," he said. "I have too heavy a cross to bear." The Lord replied, "My son, if you can not bear it's weight just place your cross inside this room. Then open that other door and pick out any cross you wish."

The man was filled with relief. "Thank you, Lord,' he sighed, and he did as he was told. Upon entering the other door he saw many crosses, some so large the tops were not visible. Then he spotted a tiny cross leaning against a far wall. "I'd like that one, Lord," he whispered. And the Lord replied, "My son, that is the cross you just brought in."

The story ends there but I've got one thing to add. I know that our Heavenly Father will never give us more than we can bear. It's hard to remember that sometimes but IT IS true. So I will continue to to carry my cross because no matter how heavy it might feel I know it is my cross and I can bear it.

No comments: