In a nutshell * All * That * Glitters * is filled with funny thoughts & facts, mine & other's creative ideas,
helpful tips, product reviews, samples, coupons, give-a-ways.
My thoughts on & about, basically everything that I'm interested and want to share with YOU!

Self Prescibed Laughter and Striving To Live Life To It's Fullest.

AND As Always
My Family ~ My Freedom ~ My Faith

Note: To leave a COMMENT:
Click on "Were Thinking" after each blog.

Monday, April 14, 2008

Before I Was A Mom

Before I was a Mom;

I made and ate hot meals, I had unstained clothing, I brushed my hair every day, I had quiet conversations on the phone, I slept as late as I wanted and I slept all night long.

Before I was a Mom; I cleaned my house each day, I never tripped over toys or forgot lullabies, I didn't worry whether or not my plants were poisonous, I had never been puked on, pooped on, spit on, chewed on, peed on, or pinched by tiny fingers.

Before I was a Mom; I never thought about immunizations, I never held a screaming child so the doctors could give shots, I never looked into teary eyes and cried, I never felt my heart break into pieces when I couldn't stop the hurt, I never got gloriously happy over a simple grin.

Before I was a Mom; I never held a sleeping baby just because I didn't want to put it down, I never sat up late hours of the night watching a baby sleep, I never got up in the middle of the night to make sure everything was okay, I didn't know how special it could feel to feed a hungry baby.

Before I was a Mom; I had complete control of my mind, my thoughts and my body, I didn't know the feeling of having my heart outside of my body, I didn't know that having something so small could make me feel so important, I had never known the warmth, the joy, the love, the heartache, the wonderment, or the satisfaction of being a mom.

Before I was a Mom; I never knew that something so small could effect my life so much, I never knew that I could love someone so much, I never knew I would love being a Mom, I didn't know the bond between a Mother and her child, I didn't know I was capable of feeling so much.

No comments: