In a nutshell * All * That * Glitters * is filled with funny thoughts & facts, mine & other's creative ideas,
helpful tips, product reviews, samples, coupons, give-a-ways.
My thoughts on & about, basically everything that I'm interested and want to share with YOU!

Self Prescibed Laughter and Striving To Live Life To It's Fullest.

AND As Always
My Family ~ My Freedom ~ My Faith

Note: To leave a COMMENT:
Click on "Were Thinking" after each blog.

Monday, January 21, 2008

HELP!!! Cleaning Tips From You

My house is straightened. But far from clean. What are your trade secrets to getting everything clean? DO you have a plan you go by? Do you do certain things on certain days? I wanna know. I pretty much do all the cleaning and picking up and I am feeling very overwhelmed, perhaps too overwhelmed and my perfectionist in me is not helping one bit.

I'd love to hear your thoughts on cleaning the house top to bottom. I understand that with a child (who is 10 and she does as much as she can) and 2 cats (they aren't a year old but already the size of full sized cats) I'm losing a winning battle. So Help...send me some quickie ideas to get the cleaning under control.

Like the baseboards all through the house or the dusting of EVERYTHING I own. Vacuuming is not that bad we got a Roomba for Christmas. We also go a dishwasher for our anniversary. I guess I am complaing about the little things. I need not hear about "Don't Worry About the Small Stuff..." In all honesty. I have that book and a plaque on my desk with that saying and it is SO EASY to say than to follow.

I will say that the bottom of my fridge could use a nice cleaning. Keeping the floors in our tiny bathroom seems to be a pain due to all my hair products that I use daily. Seems to make everything stick to the floor and anything around that vicinity (that's a hard clean).

I guess I want everything clean, and sparkling. Is this just a pipe dream or can I achieve it? We've been here a year so there isn't that much cleaning to do. Again I think my perfectionism might be clouding my thoughts. I think of my sister's house but then I must realize she has a maid. So it have to re-think...it this a pipe dram? It can't be, it must be lazieness on my part, right?

I'd love to hear how Cynthia and Michelle keep their houses clean since they have way more children than I do.

I'm open to any and all suggestions, send me links if you know of any. I'd love some great organizational sites to visit. Any sites that has helped you become a better house keeper. Please don't give me a hard time for having it easy and I should have a spotless house, because I don't unfortunately. I am bearing my soul and asking for your help and thoughts and anything to help me get on top off things!!!

Hugs and Kisses!!! ~Rennie~

2 comments:

Michelle said...

HaHaHaHaHa!! You obviously have never been in my house!! :)

I feel like I just barely am keeping my head above water since we moved into this house. This is the house I grew up in and when my mom died I couldn't bear to sell it. Unfortunately, my mom was a HUGE packrat. So instead of moving into an empty house we moved into a full one. I have given stuff away, thrown stuff away, had a yardsale, yet still there is way too much stuff here! As time goes by I can let go of things of hers that I couldn't previously. It is getting better, but not fast enough.

It is difficult because Braden and Logan do not pick up after themselves at all. In fact, if they see me cleaning, especially Braden, he gets into stuff he wouldn't normally. He pulls out all his toys, and empties out bins and such.

I am OCD about organization and so far I have not been able to get organized in this house. We have been here 2 years now. My new strategy is to get rid of as much stuff as I can. I also just got a book on ebay from flylady. It's called sink reflections, I think. I hope it will help me to get started to a new me!!

I am also realizing that there is too much chaos in this house because there are really no rules. I mean, there are rules, but not so much for us adults. I need to work on that too.

Another reason I don't seem to get anything done is because I can't stay on track. I will be cleaning one room and take something to another to put away, then I will see something there I need to do and so on and so on. I could clean all day and you couldn't tell it! I know this is wrong and I have tried desperately to stop this habit but can't!!

So I guess if you do the opposite of everything I do you might have a clean house!! :)

Unknown said...

Another reason I don't seem to get anything done is because I can't stay on track. I will be cleaning one room and take something to another to put away, then I will see something there I need to do and so on and so on. I could clean all day and you couldn't tell it! I know this is wrong and I have tried desperately to stop this habit but can't!!

Michelle, I clean this way too. I heard that its the best way to clean and then I have heard that you shouldn't clean this way. I have always done this minus carrying around a clothes hamper as they suggest. I need to get more organized. I'm also gonna check into this book you got off Ebay as well.